Sam's Reading: A Work in Progress

New to this...

This Man

This Man  - Jodi Ellen Malpas I wish more authors understood the difference between alpha and psychotic. I stopped reading this book at 12%. While the author is clearly decent, I'm not interested in continuing to read about an essentially forced relationship where the man doesn't take no for an answer - and not in a sexy way - in a show up at her house, corner her, make her say no, and still refuse to hear it. In a way where the hero is obsessed and nearly possessed. This dynamic only works for me in paranormal, where the power dynamic may be on quite equal footing. I could sense this was just going to spiral essentially a rape - drain for me, and I'm not interested in continuing to read. I should have quit reading (and it may disqualify other books now that I think of it) in the opening when she arrives at the hotel to a big black man opening the door and searches for her rape (whistle?) and yet, the hero is a blondie with no restraint and one who surprises her out of the shower, advances on her in unwanted ways, continues despite protests never once (in the time I read) had a rape reference. It takes no insight to understand why one was a threat and the other "sexy"

Midsummer Moon
Laura Kinsale, Nicholas Boulton
My Plain Jane
Brodi Ashton, Jodi Meadows, Cynthia Hand
The Mistake (Off-Campus) (Volume 2)
Elle Kennedy
Flowers from the Storm
Laura Kinsale, Nicholas Boulton
After the Kiss: The Stiletto Series
Lauren Layne
The Score (Off-Campus) (Volume 3)
Elle Kennedy